The city of Pitt Meadows’ mix of country charm and urban amenities has made it one of the Lower Mainland’s most desirable places to live. Just 45 minutes away from the heart of Vancouver, it has been dubbed the “Gateway to the Fraser Valley.”
With the Pitt River to the west and the Fraser River to the south, Pitt Meadows boasts some of the richest agricultural land in the country and 86% of its land area is in the BC Agricultural Land Reserve. Its lush landscape, framed by the peaks of the Thompson Mountain Range, is decked with blueberry and cranberry fields and has an extensive network of dykes. The majority of its approximately 20,000 residents live in the core urban area, which extends across just over 4 km².
The real estate market in Pitt Meadows offers a wide range of choices. There are country estates as well as farms and quite a few new luxury condos, townhouses and single-family homes. New neighbourhoods here include Osprey Village and Meadows Gate Village.
Pitt Meadows Quick Facts:
- Named the ‘#5 Top Canadian Investment City’ together with neighbouring Maple Ridge
- Around 85% of the population commutes out of the city to work
- Home to the Pitt Meadows Regional Airport
- Has more than 40 km of dykes, which also serve as a multi-use trail system
- The Alouette River meanders through the city and its northern neighbour is Pitt Lake, North America’s largest tidal lake
Find out what the Pitt Meadows real estate market has to offer here. For more insights, get in touch with Jason Wood anytime.